DG


A detachable heart.

WISH – transitive verb – “to have a desire for (as something unattainable)” –Meriam-Webster Dictionary

Yeah right. So my wish is really a ‘wish’. And don’t you worry, I’ve fully accepted that fact.

In my twenty-five years of living in this crazy world, I can say that I’ve gone thru many crazy roads that made my life like a crazy roller-coaster. And as I get on this day, my twenty-fifth twenty-first of December, I found out that I have this one wish – to have a hook-on pumping doodad inside my chest.

I know right. It’s cool. Haha!

As I’ve reached this age, I’ve gone through many pains, failures and disappointments. And if you will just flip through the pages of this blog space, you’ll see those bloody articles.. you will see the proof of this agony. So is it weird to wish for a hook-on heart? Yeah, maybe. But I guess it’s not only I who wished for this. Who wants pain? Who looks forward for heartaches? Isn’t it normal to wish that when you get hurt, you can just pull off your heart so that brain won’t get affected and might function so well? Isn’t it normal to wish that when you start to fall in love with the one who won’t love you back, you can just grab away your heart so that you won’t fall harder? ISN’T IT?

So, can you blame me for wishing for a detachable heart? I guess you won’t, for if this thingy is just available, I am sure you will give up anything just to acquire it. But that’s exactly the problem. A detachable heart is highly demanded, but not yet will never be supplied. Indeed, in every rule there’s an exception. And this detachable heart has broken the principle of the “law of supply and demand”.

The past year had been so tough and these past few days have been tougher. I don’t know exactly how I feel but the agony inside simply pushed me to the limit. I wanted to stop, but somehow I couldn’t. I wanted to break free, but somehow I shouldn’t. And the more I see where am I right now, the more I feel the pain, and the more I want to detach this pumping thingy.

BUT, detaching this cool gizmo inside my chest is like pulling off the batteries of a remote control. It becomes USELESS. It becomes POWERLESS. It becomes LIFELESS.

And so I guess it’s better to have it this way – in pain but alive, agonizing but kicking, bleeding but fighting.

This pumping doodad inside my chest is really scary. But no matter how I wish to detach you, I know I will never do. I may hate you when you’re hurting, but I will always be thankful when you’re smiling. I am thankful that you still keep on beating. I am grateful that no matter how rocky the road is, you keep on pumping and keep me on fighting.

And above all, I thank the ‘Steve Jobs’ of this gadget inside my chest. He is far from being a geek who simply wants to be famous. He is simply amazing for putting up this thingy in me, in us. Without this, I will just be a zombie, existing but not living.

So as I celebrate this day, I celebrate not only the JOYs but also the PAINs.

I thank You my dear LORD for the wonderful twenty five years. I may not know when will You pull off my ‘battery’. And today, I’m thankful that I’m still here and MY WISH IS NOT GRANTED.

Thank YOU. I love YOU.


Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment